Monday, April 18, 2011

Adele


If you don't know Adele, I recommend getting to know her. I've been preoccupied with her new album lately. Her song "Rolling in the Deep" is a constant on the pop radio stations and 21 is the number one selling album this week according to billboard.com.

What do I find so appealing about Adele's music? This is as eloquently as I can express it:
The strength and richness of her voice serves as a powerful medium recalling to me the intensity of past relationships that once burned bright and have since passed on into darkness and memory. I find myself lost in remembrances of heart break and devastation...her songs evoke emotions that are raw, pure, untainted by cynicism. They recall to me a kind of clarity found in moments of extreme vulnerability and loss. Though this recollection may sound unpleasant, it is refreshing to be reconnected with a part of my spirit that is unguarded.

It's this that keeps me coming back for more (as if I were once again rooming with Brooke, not caring that it was Adele's voice she had on endless repeat.)



This live performance of Turning Tables is a little slower than the album version. Certainly my new favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment